Get the extra cash you need for the holidays!
Skip your loan payment!
To reward our established loan customers, Mid-Illini offers our Skip-A-Pay Program on qualified loans* twice each year.
Each year during the holidays and again during the summer, qualifying MICU members have an opportunity to skip their loan payment in either November or December and again in June or July. There is a $40 fee** for each payment skipped and interest will continue to accrue.
Click here to see our current Fee Schedule
Want to know if you qualify?
*If you meet these qualifications, chances are you're eligible for the Skip-A-Pay program:
- You have no MICU loan payment that is 30 days past due.
- You haven't had a MICU loan payment that is 30 days past due in the past 6 months.
- You haven't already used the Skip-A-Pay Program 6 times on your loan.
- You've made at least 6 payments on your loan already.
- You have more than 6 payments left to make on your loan.
- Your savings and checking accounts are not in a negative status (exceptions can be made if you're using overdraft privilege protection).
- Your $40 Skip-A-Pay fee is paid at the time of application or those funds are on deposit at MICU.
- You paid last month's loan payment.
Use this electronic form to make your payment online, click here to download a Skip-A-Pay application form that you can print off and mail in with a check, or call our Skip-A-Pay coordinator at (309).661.4252.
Important info about the Skip-A-Pay program:
- NOTE: Visa credit card, mortgage, home equity, Fresh Start and CAB loans do not qualify for the Skip-A-Pay program.
- The $40 Skip-A-Pay fee does NOT apply toward the interest or the principal on your loan.
- Interest will continue to accrue during the time that payments are skipped, so the total interest paid on your loan will increase. The term of your original loan will extend as a result.
- No telephone or prior approvals will be made.
- You may use our new electronic payment form or download and print a form, attach a check and send it in to apply for the program.
- You may or may not be notified when your request is approved.
To see if your request has been processed, log in to your online banking account and check the next due date on your loan under the 'details' tab.
You WILL be notified by phone or by mail if your request is denied.
If denied, your $40 fee will be returned or left on deposit, if that's how you paid it.
All request forms MUST be complete and received (not postmarked) prior to the end of the month for the payment you want to skip or the request WILL NOT be processed. Please allow at least 14 days for mail time and processing. These requests are processed in the order they're received, regardless of the payment due date.
*Credit card, mortgage, home equity, Fresh Start and Catch A Break Cash loans do not qualify under the Skip-A-Pay Program.
**$40 fee does not apply toward the interest or principal of the loan. Interest will continue to accrue during the time that payments are skipped, so the total interest paid on this loan will increase. The term of your original loan will extend as a result.
Not a member yet?
Join today. It’s easy!
Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in McLean County, is related to a current MICU member, or would like to join the Mid-Illinois Dollars for Scholars Foundation.
Become a Member