Mid-Illini to the Rescue!
At Mid-Illini, we know that the struggle is real.
Contrary to popular belief, the average customer who takes out a payday loan is NOT an unemployed, desperate loser who can't pay the rent.
- In fact, most payday loan borrowers are white, female, and 25-44 years old*
- 41% of payday loan customers earn between $25,000 and $50,000^
- 39% report incomes of $40,000 or more^
- Just 18% have an income below $25,000^
If you're ready to take control of your cash flow situation once and for all, come in today and talk to us about our Fresh Start Loan program. The model for this
program has helped thousands of credit union members:
- consolidate debt
- lower monthly loan payments
- raise credit scores
- and eliminate high interest debt
We can help you, too! Just ask.
* "Payday Lending in America: Who Borrows, Where They Borrow, and Why" Pew Charitable Trusts, July 18, 2012
^Elliehausen, Gregory, GWU School of Business. (2009) "An Analysis of Consumers' Use of Payday Loans" Financial Services Research Program. p 27
Not a member yet?
Join today. It’s easy!
Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in McLean County, is related to a current MICU member, or would like to join the Mid-Illinois Dollars for Scholars Foundation.
Become a Member