Everyone finds they're a little short on checking account funds once in a while. If you've subtracted wrong or overspent a little, we've got you covered.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, MICU wants to help protect you from these occasional mistakes. If your checking account is in good standing and has been open for at least 30 days, you're eligible for FREE Overdraft Privilege (ODP) protection.
Overdraft Privilege has got you covered if you:
- Find your checking account running a little short between paydays
- Make an honest mistake in your checkbook once in a while
- Find yourself with unforeseen expenses
Overdraft Privilege covers your overdrafts up to $500 for the following transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- We will charge you an NSF fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft. See complete NSF Fee Schedule details here.
NOTE: There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- At our discretion, we will cover overdrafts up to $500
NOTE: We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OVERDRAFT PROTECTION
FOR YOUR EVERY DAY DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS!
Standard Overdraft Privilege Protection does not apply to your everyday debit card transactions unless you specifically opt-in. If you want MICU to pay your everyday debit card transactions when insufficient funds exist in your account, you must return the ODP Opt-In Form to Mid-Illini Credit Union.
Overdraft Privilege Protection (ODP) is a discretionary program. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Review the MICU Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Protection Policy.
Not a member yet?
Join today. It’s easy!
Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in McLean County, is related to a current MICU member, or would like to join the Mid-Illinois Dollars for Scholars Foundation.
Become a Member